Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oversized Beret

Just in time before the chill hit Milan I've been able to finish this lovely Oversize Beret from Lion Brand. Nice and easy. It reminded me how faster is crochet, compared to knitting, when you make hats.

I used a forgotten skein I found in my old stash in Rome, the yarn is called Mouflon by Tessitura di Tollegno color 1533, I used less than one skein. Yarn gauge 19stsx24 rows, crochet hook 5,5 mm / US 9 (I actually started with a 5mm/US8 but switched after a few rows).

Because my yarn was a bit thinner than the one suggested, I adapted the pattern adding two rows of increase and one row of decrease. I like the results, it's a nice, practical warm hat finished right on time!


On the Knitting for Homeless front I've finally found the right yarn and just yesterday the right pattern. It's a rib that in Italian is called "Fake English Rib", very nice, I think it will give a lovely scarf. The color is a bright red and I hope that the homeless guy who lives in the park down here will accept it and like it.

1 comment:

LG said...

No doubt the homeless from your park will love your scarf, Justine!