Monday, December 18, 2006

Still recycling

I've decided to attach a green collar to my old purple sweater I've just undone. I've picked up and knitted 75 stitches. At the beginning I've worked on 3x2 rib for 6 rows and the k2tog the knitted ribs, ending with a 2x2 rib.
I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I really like the contrast between the two colors. Once I've finished the turtle neck I have to decide if lengthen the lower part of the sweater in purple or go on with the contrast and make it green... What a difficult choice! ;-)

In the meanwhile yesterday, watching some of "Prison Beak"'s episode I missed last year, I finished another "Boyfriend hat", from the "Cozy Crochet Kit". A really nice and simple pattern worked in vertical hdcs, in backstitches only, that make a very nice vertical rib. I love crocheted hats, they are so cool and fast to do!

Next cap I'll make is a specific request from my sister, she wants this one, found on the lovely website Knitty. I really like the hat, but I have a doubt with the pattern that starts from down to top, very bizarre... We'll see if I can make it!!

Regarding the two socks, I've progressed a little bit, I hope I'll finish the first striped one today, watching the remaining episodes of "Prison Break"...

4 comments:

LG said...

Good choice, Justine! I love turtle necks!
Please send me an e-mail, if you found tips about that frogging. I just told you my Grandma´s tip...

PS: I´m curious about "Prison Break", we don´t get that here. But today begins one argentine here, that you won´t get there! ;) C´est la vie!

PippaW said...

Sure Vik,
I'll make a research and sed you what I find! Try asking Pam (Knotty Generation) she is a real Pro in recycling yarn, I'm sure she must have some tips!

Ah, tv series, so many good ones and so little time to watch them! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice touch! Looks warm and cozy!

LG said...

Merry Christmas, dear Justine! Feliz Navidad!