Sunday, December 24, 2006

Nami meets Aki

Because my amigurumi cat Nami was feeling lonely, and because I wanted to make a special present for my sister, I made him and her a new friend...





And here he is! I called him Aki (born in Autumn). It took me much longer to make Aki than Nami and I must admit that I made a few mistakes that I had to fix, undoing one of his legs. Oops!
Well I guess I'm just more attentive when I make a project the first time... But nevertheless I finished it right on time for Christmas, I hope my sis will love him!

Nami was pretty curious about the making of his friend-to-be, and followed with attention every step I made adding his personal contribution to the assembling of the amigurumi cat, as you can see ;-)




And finally they had a good time chatting and playing, trying new postures, and preparing for a long goodbye. But I think they'll keep in touch and my sis will surely keep us up to date from Milan on how Aki will behave!

4 comments:

The Storyteller said...

Okay, the Franken-rumi workshop up there is a liiittle creepy :o), but they are too cute! I'm a big amigurumi fan myself, even though I've only made two (a cat and an armadillo), and I like yours a lot.

Happy holidays!

LG said...

Oh my, this is too much! TOO CUTE!!!

PippaW said...

hahah yes is a little creepy, I agree, but I couldn't resist taking pictures of the new birth ;-)

Webigail said...

Hi Justine,

I just wanted to tell you how much I love your blog. I can see that I'm going to be spending a LOT of time here :)

Webigail