Thursday, July 06, 2006

Making "the" blanket

Here it comes, along with summertime and holidays: my blanket for the 200 squares CAL (it's never too late isn't it?!). I have chosen the orange/red/blue one at the beginning of the book, because is the only one I can make with the odd skeins that I have inherited from my friend's grandma. I have started with the centerpiece:

and I'm making (very very slowly) my way up to the rest... I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime I came back to France to spend summer with my recovering mum, who's doing great. My boyfriend and I have left California for good and we'll be back in NY in September, right on time to enjoy the falling leaves... And the first snowstorm!!!

5 comments:

LG said...

Where did you take this picture! What a place! It´s a dream!

About our CAL... I´m almost done!

Pam said...

Love the flower in the granny square, beautiful colors!

Anonymous said...

I want to be where that bridge is.

PippaW said...

Hi,
the bridge is actually in Central Park. nice pic isn't it? Lots of love to you all!!!

Allen N said...

God bless