Sunday, April 26, 2009

Knitting New - difficult - Scarves


I Love this book. It's beautiful and full of challenges. One, my personal defy, is the "Driftin Pleats" scarf on page 30. I LOVE the look of this scarpe and I've been trying to make one since last winter. The set up pleats explanation isn't that easy to get, and the DP needles are always turning.

Yesterday, though, I tried for the third time, this time I was knitting on my bed, and it was maybe the positon maybe the concentration, maybe the cotton yarn (instead of wool) but I did complete the setup pleats!! I am so proud! Now unfortunately the yarn I choose this thime is a bit thinn and the scarf will be a bit small, but if I make it, maybe next time I will be able to make one in wool to, I hope pretty as this one by bluegarter.knits

2 comments:

Libelula said...

That book is sooo going on my "must get when I have money" list. Plus, I can justify it by knitting a couple of those gorgeous scarves for other people.

Linda said...

Linda said...
I do fine until I get to the row after the hdc row. Maybe I messed up before. How many st need to be in the rows from 8 on? Can someone send me the st count on all the rows that are not marked. what does it mean worked doubled
plz email me Yellowrose1623@aol.com
thank you....Linda

this is for the cloudy sun hat with brim...plz contact me